Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Anna!

Happy Birthday Anna Katherine! You are one year old now. I know I say it every time one of my children has a birthday, but I'll say it again, "How did that happen?"

Sweet, precious baby Anna. Laid back and easygoing Anna. Upon awakening from her nap, she will let out a small noise signaling to me she has awoken from her peaceful slumber. I have to be careful to listen for it. It's just a small noise. Then she will contentedly wait in her crib (which can be a long time) for me to come and scoop her up in my arms and smother her with kisses. I have had many, many people tell me that she is laid back because she is the 5th child. She has adapted. But then why wasn't the 4th child that way??? Or the 3rd??? Does it take being relegated to the 5th in a family to learn patience so early?

The Banana (isn't every 'Anna' called 'Banana' at some point in their life?) has taken steps on her own, but still much prefers to crawl, which is a good thing since her balance is still that of a drunken sailor and she's slower that way anyhow. She loves the water - be it her bath or the swimming pool. She loves her big sisters, her big brothers, Grandma Marti and Grandpa Jim. She can wave bye-bye, sign 'all done' and 'please', say 'mama' and 'dada' and a few others words, although, those 2 are the most important. Aren't they?

When she is touching something she shouldn't, a serious "No" from Mommy with that 'Mommy look' that us Moms practice in the mirror and she bursts into tears. Quite a contrast to the 2 children that came before her and thought that "No" was an interesting word, but not to be taken seriously. (We've come a long way thankfully.)

Anna is an amazing blessing to our family. She is also a direct result of our obedience to God. Long story - you'll have to ask Rich or me about it sometime. Obedience isn't always easy, but it sure has it's rewards.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Anna! You are such a gift and you came at such a precious time. You are a blessing from the Lord! We celebrate YOU!! Happy 1st birthday!!!!!We love you little one!!!

Cindy and the Wards said...

I've got my eye on little Anna for my Matti man ... I SO believe in arranged marriages.

She sounds like just his type....I wish we knew her and the 2 before.

I'm big fans of Ellen and Caleb (and their blog)

Happy Day Anna Banana!

Anonymous said...

How Precious Anna! Happy Birthday (and many more). Thanks for sharing her big day with all of us in the blogging world! May God's Grace and mercies continue to flow upon your family!