I have a vision. I don’t claim that it is a prophetic vision. It’s just one that I would love to see happen and our family is praying that it becomes a reality.
We all know that Barack Obama, our next president, has the most liberal voting record in the senate. He is pro-abortion. I could go on and on, but you all know what he stands for and much of it goes against our family's Christian values.
Another fact, although, it is disputable – Barack Obama is a very good speaker. He has a gift for inspiring crowds with his eloquent speech. While you may agree with nothing he says, he is quite smooth and polished in his delivery and very good at delivering his message of hope, and he has inspired millions with his rhetoric.
Now, envision Mr. Obama encountering Jesus in a life-changing way. Now envision the power of God invading Mr. Obama’s life much the way the power of Jesus invaded Saul’s life on the road to Damascus. Envision Mr. Obama surrendering his life to Jesus completely, wholeheartedly and with reckless abandon. Envision him doing an about face on all that he believes in. Envision his loyal supporters, especially those in the political realm (i.e. Pelosi, Reed, etc.) wondering what in the world had happened to the man that they adored, believed in, and supported. Envision Mr. Obama using his gift of speech and inspiring crowds to explain his radical conversion and why he was now appointing a Supreme Court justice who would help to overturn Roe v. Wade thus ending the bloodshed of our babies in America. Envision these crowds and his loyal supporters listening to his life changing experience with Jesus and revival sweeping the country because of his inspiring message of the power of Jesus Christ in his life and REAL CHANGE.
No one thought Saul could ever change almost 2000 years ago. I’m sure there’s a lot of doubt that Barack Obama could ever change. But that’s what our family is committed to praying for because with God, anything is possible. He is Sovereign.
Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Psalm 37:8 – Do not fret – it leads only to evil.
Psalm 112:1-2 – Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Psalm 130:5 – I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
Proverbs 25:15 – Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.
Isaiah 33:2 – O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
Isaiah 43:18-19 – Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
Ezekiel 11:18-20 – I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.
Micah 4:5 – All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.
Micah 7:7 – But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord. I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
2 Corinthians 5:17 – If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
Philippians 4:11 – I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
Colossians 4:2 – Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Titus 3:1-2 – Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.
James 4:2 – You do not have, because you do not ask God.
Revelation 22:12 – Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
5 comments:
Amen Young family!!! Lets all pray.
Well said. Let's fill our minds and hearts with God's promises and pray for his power to transform this nation. We certainly deserve his judgement but we plead again for his mercy, grace and his salvation!
He really is such a wonderful God that he would teary - waiting for more to come to him!
What if Barack already has had an encounter with Jesus and his views are just different than yours?
Yes, killing babies and calling it a 'choice' is a view that is very differt from mine. But it's a view that is also very different from Jesus'.
Hi all: You don't know me and i don't know you- I came to your blog through Reed/Lisa Roth (what is your connection there?)--anyway this post brought me to tears and inspired me to continue to pray for the leaders of our country that they may have an encounter with the Lord most high- Jesus.
Blessings to you and your beautiful family!
Post a Comment