There are some days where I can't wait for Anna to grow up and leave some of her 3 year old ways behind. And then there are days, like today, where I'd like to bottle her 3 year old cuteness and hold onto it forever.
Cute Anna Thing #1: Anna's day began with her sleepily wandering into my bathroom as I dried my hair. After a smooch and a hug she shivered and whispered, "I'm fweezing!" To which I promptly scooped her up and tucked her under the many layers of warm blankets on our bed. Only her eyes and nose were peeking out, but I could tell there was a large grin on her sweet little face. Minutes later, Rich walked in the door from his morning workout. He playfully went over to the lump in our bed and said, "Is that Mommy under there?" To which Anna replied, "No, jus' Anna. Toasty Anna!" Which, of course, has stuck. She's been crowned "Toasty Anna" for the day.
Cute Anna Thing #2: Last week I read the story of Gideon to the little ones and some friends that were over. We then proceeded to act the story out. (You want your kids to remember Bible stories, act them out. Great fun.) So, Anna had so much fun throwing the plastic water pitcher off of her flashlight and yelling, "The sword of the Lord and of Gideon!" to her sleeping friends that she decided a purple belt to hold her sword is a permanent accessory these days.


And her older brothers have graciously decided to school her in the art of sword fighting. (Since they are experts after watching the Narnia movies.)
Cute Anna Thing #3: And finally, Anna has taken a liking to feeding Micah and Micah seems to enjoy his Anna time. She actually does a really good job and Micah obediently holds the side of his tray as Anna aims for his mouth. ('Aim' is the key word here.)
Thankful we have many more years to train our little Toasty Anna. She's still a bit rough around the edges. But she's cute and that'll carry her for a few more years.
2 comments:
I LOVE the photo of Anna feeding Micah - so so cute!!! xx
Loved this post! She is SOOOO precious!
Love,
Grandma
Post a Comment