Sunday, February 5, 2012

Preparations

Christmas for us is always at home. We don't travel. My parents live 10 minutes away. It's a time of celebrating the birth of our Savior with family... 


worshipping together by candlelight...

 relaxing together, laughing together...

 staying in our Christmas pj's all day long...

 But this year (for the first time ever) was to be different. Around 2pm on Christmas Day, we kind of ended our celebration (much to the kid's surprise). Rich announced it was time for the boys to join him outside to mow the lawn and other various yard jobs, I had the girls help me take the Christmas tree down and other decorations (which we went light on this year) and we got serious about getting ready to leave the country for a month in a couple of days. I'm sure our neighbors thought we had lost our marbles when they heard the lawn mower going and saw the tree out by the curb by dinner time! Who does that?

I had 2 days to figure out how to get all of this:

Into all of this:

We had errands to run, haircuts to get...


And before we knew it, we were off!

Skipping across the country in a small metal tube at 33,000 feet...

And riding sidewalks that moved, much to Micah's delight!

Our adventure was beginning! (And did I mention we were leaving winter behind and heading to summer in the Southern Hemisphere? If you know me at all, you know that alone can make me smile.)

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

how fun to relive this all again! :)

mom said...

I love following your blog-- after all- it's about some of my favorite people in the whole wide world!
Love, Grandma