Monday, April 6, 2009

I Am Second

Check this out - Stephen Baldwin's Video Testimony. We need more actors in Hollywood like him. I also found this interview that he did 2 1/2 years ago. The interviewer is not a Christian and by the end of his conversation with Stephen - he's 'almost' there! (I pray that he got there.) Here's part of the interview:


Stephen Baldwin: It's really as simple as the idea of don't knock it (Christianity) till you try it. My challenge for everybody out there is, forget about what the world has said and done. Forget that. My challenge to people is personally, individually, not your way, but God's way, according to his bible; I challenge you to pursue this thing. Forget about your history and your tradition and where you're from. Forget that. If this thing I'm talking about is true, then at some point all of those people…they made the choice. I don't say this in some kind of freaky deaky threatening way. I just say, according to God's word, we all at some point…like even now in this conversation and since you've read my book, you have been presented with what God and Jesus and the word of God says is the truth. So now you have a choice to make. At the end of your life, on the day of judgement, you stand there before the Lord. According to this faith, we're all going to meet him face to face…
PR.com: Right.
Stephen Baldwin: And he's gonna say, "Dude! You read Baldwin's book! What's the deal?!"
PR.com: (Laughs) That's funny. Well let me tell you what I would answer to that. I would say to God, "Yes, I read Stephen Baldwin's book. And as you know, if you've observed my life, which you have, I hold those same philosophies in my heart and I behave accordingly, I just didn't label it as Christianity." You and I are very much on the same page, but we're using different language to express it.
Stephen Baldwin: I'm going to be a bit of a jerk to make a point. Now you're doing that dance that most people do. And I was at the same place that you are. "I'm a good guy." ... God says that there is only one way and I didn't believe that, myself, until I tried it and his spirit came into my life and into my heart, and confirmed that the Jesus Christ truth was real. The choice is yours, but until you become willing to at least take the step of faith and try it, you're never going to know if it's real or not. That's another one of the big points of my book. God is so big and so powerful. He wants you to challenge him. He's saying "Come to me." I'm telling you right now, the world, in the next three decades, is about to see awesome, awesome movements and things of the Lord.
Stephen's and my second conversation, several days later…
PR.com: After our first conversation, I went back and re-read certain parts of your book. When I was first interviewing you, my intention was to try to prove you wrong and nail your butt! And I have to be honest with you, many of the things that I've read and some of the things that you've said have actually spoken to me. And nobody's more shocked about that than I am.
Stephen Baldwin: All I can tell you is the spirit of God is true and unfortunately the way the world works is that it's been set up for thousands of years, since bad boy Adam took a bite of that apple…right now is kind of a wild time to be Christian, because we're starting to see, I don't want to get too fanatical with you…sometimes you say these kinds of things and people because of their understanding out of fear, they get scared. The truth is, I am a bit fanatical. When I say that, I mean that I trust God. And if what he says is true, then my time here is a split second compared to eternity. So I'm not worried about it.
PR.com: I'm not necessarily now saying, "Christianity, Christianty," but I can tell you this…some of the things that you've said, in my opinion are valid. A few days ago I was set to prove you wrong and challenge you on every issue. And I don't feel quite that way anymore.

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

Thanks for sharing. I knew he was a Christian but never saw his testimony. I'm going to pass it on-Thanks!