Friday, April 3, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Anna is in a big girl bed! (Well, sort of. Crib mattress on the floor for now.) Which means we have no one in the crib right now. Very strange feeling! In fact, we went ahead and put the crib and various other large baby items up in the attic which was a bit hard for me. Will there be more Youngin's in our future? Or is she the last? Who knows? Only the Lord. Like our little Logan, I, too, like to know the plan and would really like to know God's plan for our family. But all in His timing. I am learning to be content whatever the Lord's will is, but it's definitely not easy for me. But who said living for God would be easy? It's just worth it.

Meanwhile, once Anna moved into Ellen and Rebekah's room, the kids pounced on the empty bedroom. They have been dreaming of a Playmobil room to set up all of the very generous Playmobil gifts they have received from grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends over the years. (They have begged us to remove the double bed that is still in there, but that is staying kids. Sorry.) They have quite an imaginary world set up in there - complete with a 'mean' castle, 'nice' castle, modern city house, horse corral, RV (yes, they have a Wilbur), tree house, several boats - it's amazing. Since Ellen was 4 years old, each child has received a little piece (or sometimes a big piece) belonging to the set. Logan just received several pieces this past week for his birthday and Ellen and Caleb commented on how much they liked having lots of kids in their family because they get to play with their gifts, too. Smart kids. Although, I know that each one of them would trade in their fun Playmobil room for another sibling. The boys want to even the count with another boy. The girls just want another baby to hold and cuddle and mother - whatever the gender. Or maybe they all want more toys that another sibling will bring. Hmmmm.... What do I want? I want God's perfect will for our family. If it's more children - bring them on - lots of them. If not, I will be content with the 5 beautiful children He has blessed us with and I will raise them to His glory!

3 comments:

Sherry Osborne said...

Wow, that's inspiring! I'm just now working on Caden moving to a big boy bed-must admit that was out of necessity though! Now we are desperately looking for bunk beds so Riley can have a "real" bed back. It is bittersweet watching our little ones grow up.

Shaper of Little Souls said...

I am encouraged as I just found out I am having my third! I am somewhat in a panic. Why? I have always dreamed of 4 or 5 children -so why the panic? Perhaps because the adults will now be out numbered? or perhaps it is because I never thought I would get to this stage of life and now that I am here I just can't believe it! The thought of 3makes me think I need to work harder at more structure to our days. You have 5 and are willing for more! That is great! If you have any words of encouragement I will hear it!
A friend of the Keatings.

Forever Young said...

Congratulations friend of the Keatings! Yes, structure is good -especially as you add more to your family. Adding my 3rd child was a bit tough because there were now so many little people in the home, but probably mostly because I figured I had done this 2 times before and knew what I was doing so it should be a piece of cake. I forgot that I was still having a baby! No small feat! Put some structure into place and it will be a bit easier. But to encourage you - it gets easier as you add more children because the older ones are getting older and can do so much more. Allow them to help out a lot - they then invest in the family. Train them now when they're little - it will pay off huge down the road and they will all bless your socks off! We wish we had started having kids earlier in life so that we could have more. We were caught up in the 'have fun now', have kids later mentality. Mistake.