Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pictures, pictures and more pictures

New camera = many, many, many pictures taken. I have had so much fun trying different exposures, shutter speeds and apertures and am quite thankful for a generous birthday gift of an external hard drive to store them all on! But, alas, at some point I must sort through the hundreds of shots and do something with them. Remember the days of film? Remember taking (gasp!) 3 rolls of film (36 exposures no less!) on a vacation and feeling quite extravagant. Let me see... if my math is correct then that would equal 108 pictures taken. Oh, to have only 108 pictures to go through. But then, I would be sad as I'm sure it was the 52nd digital picture of Niagara Falls where I finally figured the best setting to capture the beauty.

So, I'm going to slowly 'scrapbook' this latest Wilbur adventure. Bear with me. I'm still trying to embrace the 'less is more' concept when it comes to posting pictures. And since it's my blog, I can post as many as I like. I guess you don't have to look if you don't want to. But you might miss a really good one.

So here's Day One...
A long day of driving found us outside of Washington D.C. at Rich's Uncle Ken and Aunt Tangeet's house. Lovely dinner with cousins, their hubbies, Nathan and Aunt Tangeet's fried rice!! (We're still dreaming about her fried rice. You have to taste it to believe it.)
And Day Two...
Not a very exciting day as we had to have the tires re-balanced on Wilbur after a weight fell off. Thankfully, this was the only doctor Wilbur needed to see the entire trip. After getting his shoes fit properly, he drove us outside Philly where we were officially 'camping'. Okay, 'executive' camping, but I'm still going to call it camping. There was fire and bugs.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

More pics, more pics, more pics, please!!!!! Love what you wrote...so true!!! I love your remembrances here on the blog with pictures to feel like we got to travel along! You always do such a great job! The camera and operators did a super job!!

The Noy Maker said...

LOVE the matching t-shirts! We are going to Puerto Rico in Nov. with all of the children and was thinking we need matching shirts for the airport and such so we do not get separated!