Friday, November 12, 2010

Proverbs 18:17

"He who states his case first seems right, until his rival comes and cross-examines him." Proverbs 18:17

Been meaning to find this verse. I knew it existed and knew I needed it this past week as various children have came running to tell me of the grievous wrongs that had been inflicted upon them by a sibling. We don't tolerate tattling around here and are constantly working through the proper process of handling disagreements with siblings and when they are allowed to bring mom or dad into the fray (Matthew 18 is a great training chapter in this area). But I also need to remember Proverbs 18:17 as a sweet, innocent (looking) child comes to me with big, sad eyes to tell me they've tried to work through a disagreement with a sibling, but their brother/sister is just soooooo mean and I need to give them full consequences for their sin. No mercy. Oh, they're so believable and my heart is torn in two by their story. Until... I hear the other side...

Proverbs 18:17. Remember it Moms. You'll need it. I guarantee.


1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

Amen! and like the new 'look' :-)
Love, Anne Marie