Q: "How have you been?"
A: "Busy"
Q: "Watcha' been up to lately?"
A: "Busy"
Q: "How's life been?"
A: "Busy"
Answering "busy" to any of the above questions is a little pet peeve of mine. I used to do it. Why? I'm thinking because it made me sound more important or maybe it gave me an excuse as to why I hadn't paid attention to the friend who was asking. Whatever the reason, I really try to avoid answering "busy" anymore.
So... "Why has the blog been silent for the past 2 1/2 weeks?" you ask?
Well, "because I've been bu..." um, I mean, "otherwise occupied."
Oops. Busted.
Let's face it, blogging is a hobby, a fun activity for me and often has to take a back seat.
And that's my excuse... I make no promises not to leave it silent for several weeks at a time in the future. My family comes first. As does many other things that need my attention. Blogging and the internet have the potential to be what soap operas and daytime television were to many women of past decades - a time stealer from those who matter most in my life.
But... to finish up the posts relating to our vacation that seems like it was ages ago (because it was...) We ended our near month long adventure with the much anticipated, highly treasured, annual GFI Key Couples Family Camp in Indiana! We were able to see 2 of the families we had just visited in NY and OH along with about 30 other like-minded families from all over the U.S. Once again it was a time of incredible encouragement, fun, fellowship, learning, growing and exhaustion!
Out in the middle of an Indiana cornfield.
1 comment:
Looks like you're having SOOOO much fun. And that jumping pillow thingo, I don't know what to say! It looks like so much fun! And I know something - I want to go on it!!
Megan F.
Post a Comment