Thursday, January 3, 2008

Family Goals

Do you make New Years resolutions? I never have. Maybe the fear of failure? I made goals, but I certainly never told anyone about them. I was a closet goal setter. Rich, on the other hand, loves the New Year to list out his goals. He's taught me a lot about goal setting and the accountability that can come with sharing goals. I'm working on it. So, after a very fun family New Year's Eve celebration (complete with lots of fun snack foods, games galore, fireworks in the driveway, and then watching the neighbors put on an absolutely amazing fireworks display, movies, fort building in the living room and then sleeping in it) we all sat around the breakfast table the next morning and everyone shared their goals for 2008.

Anna wants to crawl and then walk by year end. (Remember when life was so simple? Me neither.)


Rebekah wants to have dry pants at night and stop sucking her fingers. (Okay, maybe that's our goal for her.)

Logan wants to say, "Yes, Mommy (or Daddy), I'm coming" every time we call him. (Plenty of accountability around here for that.)


Caleb wants to do 2 triathlons this year.


Ellen wants to wake up at 6:45 every morning and read her Bible in bed for 15 minutes before getting up. (She's already off to a great start. I'm so proud of her!)

I, (Julie) want to be up by 6am at least 3 mornings a week to read God's Word and spend time with Him. (I am NOT a morning person by nature. I'm working on it...) Oh, that was hard to put in print for all to see. Now you all know and can keep me accountable. Just be gentle, please.


Rich wants to schedule more date nights where he and I go out just for fun and not because of a meeting, work event or ministry. (I love that goal!)

There were more shared, but I'm not sure we're ready to be that vulnerable on the world wide web. We're working on it...

Happy New Year!

No comments: