Monday, January 5, 2009

Growing Up


Today was a big day for Rebekah. She received her very first chore chart - a rite of passage in our house as the calendar marks 3 1/2 years old. She was beyond excited. Experience tells me the excitement will last about a week, then she'll tell me she's all done with her chore chart and doesn't need it anymore. To which I'll smile at her sweetly and tell her that like it or not, the chore chart is here to stay. The bigger kids got new chore charts with responsibilities shifted and new responsibilites added according to their advancing age. They, too, attacked their chores with unusual gusto and excitement this morning. I love new chore charts. I'm trying to work myself out of a job. Long way to go... (thankfully!)
Hey - if you want one of these fun, colorful chore charts - Ellen has started her own business making them. Check out her website: www.ChoreChartsByEllen.blogspot.com.

No comments: