Anna turns 2!
Sweet little Anna. My baby(!) turned 2 recently. Still not sure how that happened but the calendar doesn't lie. We had a fun little celebration with brothers, sisters and Grandma and Grandpa. Anna is all about baby dolls. Every time I announce to the kids that it's time to climb into the car to go somewhere, she grabs one of her baby dolls, their toy bottle and her play cell phone. (Isn't that what all of us mothers grab before we leave home?)
I'll have to talk to her about the dangers of sleeping with your baby.
Big sissy, Ellen (pronounced "Eh-ya" by Anna) made Anna a beautiful flower garden cake.
Anna LOVES her Grandma and Grandpa! (with baby's diaper bag in hand, of course.)
Logan Loses His First Tooth
Boys just make me laugh so much. I didn't grow up with brothers, so the way they think and the crazy things they do are still so new to me and keep me giggling. I walk into the boy's room the other night to tuck them into bed and I find this:
Big brother, Caleb, had convinced Logan that if he tied one end of a string to his loose tooth and the other end to his most powerful electric train engine, that it could be pulled out. So, I witness Caleb counting down and then revving his electric train as fast as it would go, only to watch the engine derail with the tooth still firmly implanted in Logan's gums. I give them big time bonus points for creativity. The tooth finally came out with a little bit of tugging on the string with some good old fashioned human muscle power. Logan was ecstatic. His only disappointment was that he didn't lose it while spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. The tooth fairy leaves a LOT of money over there. Must be a different tooth fairy jurisdiction in a higher rent neighborhood.
Rich turns ?????
Well, let's just say it was a big milestone. We had a week-end full of surprises for Rich as dear friends of ours from Atlanta came to visit. Friday evening we arrived home around 8pm. Rich went straight out back to check the garden and as he was back there, Chris came running out of the woods surprising (and scaring!) Rich. We had a great week-end with them and their 2 sweet kids. We have been friends with them for over 16 years now and sure treasure them.
We also had a surprise party for Rich with lots of local friends and family. The weather cooperated and we had a fun time at the neighborhood pool, eating, talking, swimming and eating some more.
SURPRISE!
Carrot cake - his favorite!
That's a lot of candles!
Abbie
Anna and Ellen
Logamotion
Lisa and fearless little Hannah
Happy Birthday, sweetheart. I love admire and treasure you so much!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment