Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Twins are Born!

I'm an aunt again! Hooray! At 37 1/2 weeks gestation, my sister gave birth to 2 beautiful, healthy babies. Welcome to:

Piper Anna-Sofia weighing 5lbs. 3 oz and 18 inches
and her older brother (by 1 minute)
Mattias Jan Christian weighing 5lbs. 11 oz and 19 inches.

I cannot wait to go see these 2 beautiful creations and smell their little newborn heads until I'm drunk on newborn love!

Congratulations Jeanine and Thomas! We are all so excited for you! And most of all, thank you God, for keeping these 2 miraculous creations of yours safe inside of Jeanine to full-term. When my sister's doctor informed her at 34 1/2 weeks gestation that she was 3 cm dilated, contracting regularly and would go anytime (and he was OK with this!), my sister matter-of-factly told him that she was praying to go to full term and that she was not OK with giving birth at anytime. She did not want her babies to be in the NICU at all and wanted to take them directly home. The dr. laughed and said, "that'll be a first." (I guess referring to the fact that he'd never seen a woman at 3cm who would wait 3 weeks to have her babies.) I guess he's never seen (or chosen to see) our mighty God at work. Praise you, God, for showing yourself to be Big and Mighty and Strong and Faithful again. I am humbled again at your Goodness.

I'll post pics when I get them. And now I think I'll go work on Part 6 of our Australia adventure. At least until Anna awakens from her nap...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a blessing! I can't wait to see pictures!

~Tiffany D.