Thursday, January 28, 2010

Micah Poetry

There's something about newborn babies inspiring creativity. And I just have to show off the creative talents of several people! Here is precious poem Ellen wrote and gave to me at Micah's baby shower:

O where to begin,

I can’t wait to see you grin.

One of my favorites is for you to giggle in my lap,

then you unfortunately have to take a nap.

I always anticipate you entering the world,

you look so sweet and cuddly when you’re all nice and curled.

When I see your sweet baby face,

I think of when you will be grown up and can play ball and chase.

Now I will bring this poem to an end,

I just look forward until you can play pretend.


Isn't that great? You can tell she just adores having a newborn baby in the house. Much of our schoolwork has consisted of lots of reading aloud on the couch recently and you'll often find Micah cuddled up in Ellen's arms during that time.

My sweet neighbor brought some gifts for Micah last week that included a book about Jesus' birth and she wrote a poem, too! She is quite creative and I just had to share:


Micah James Young-

You were born today.

You'll soon be home

And want to play.


With Ellen, and Caleb,

And Logan, too,

With Beka and Anna,

You'll giggle and coo.


Before you know it

You'll be on your knees

Crawling everywhere

Fast as you please!


And then you'll be walking

And talking alone.

Mom will be saying,

"Micah, please watch your tone."


You'll soon learn to read

Then take on some chores -

Before you know it

You'll play out of doors.


And then there'll be school

With so much to do,

The years will fly past -

The decades will, too!


Micah James Young -

With a life full of joy

Your family will teach you

About another baby boy.


The story's in the Bible

And it's certainly true.

And it's here in this book

That we're giving to you.


Please treasure your books

And the stories they bring.

The more often they're read

The truer they ring.


So when you're grown up

With your own child or two,

Read them this story

As you were read to.


The pages will wear -

But the story won't change

And your family can love it

Again and again!

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

thank you again for sharing the blessings in your life with all of us. Hugs! :-)

The Foote Family said...

Both the poems are cute and very well written. I really like them.Love Megan!