Monday, January 11, 2010

Showers of Love

Rebekah was confused when she heard we were going to a shower as she thought our showers at home were just fine! But 2 of my sweet girlfriends showered me with blessings this past week-end. Can you believe you can still have a shower with your 6th? I loved it! I got to hang out with my girlfriends as they all said nice things about me. My top two love languages are quality time and encouraging words, so my love tank was filled to overflowing! And being the practical mom that I am, they all met my practical need and brought diapers and meals for my freezer. The perfect gifts, I believe! Thank you Stephanie and Lori for all of your hard work and the love that went into such a beautiful day. I appreciate and love you both so much!

Very soon we will be meeting this little one. Anyone want to guess the gender? Ellen has a poll on her blog where you can vote. Right now it's almost 2:1 in favor of a boy. I have to admit that my 'feelings' are for a boy, but I also have to say up front that I am 2 for 5 in my "feelings" so I wouldn't put much stock in my mother's intuitions.

Stay tuned for some big news soon!!!

My awesome mom, me, Rebekah and Ellen

A beautiful (and yummy) cake made by SarahGrace

Hannah, Ellen and SarahGrace

Another beautiful (but this time non-edible) cake made by Lori

Rebekah, LilyFaith, Tessa

Anne Marie, Lori, me, Stephanie and Mom


And one more pic I couldn't resist. Ellen has been bulking up - and the rest have been practicing for our tradition of a 'stack' picture with the new baby. We'll see if we can pull it off again.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

so so excited for you!!!

The Pauls' Family said...

So excited for you as you await the arrival of this precious little one! Blessings as you prepare for his/her birth. Rosalie

Madeline said...

Can't wait to hear the news Julie! We're praying for all of you.
Linda for all the Heaners