Monday, July 23, 2007

Anna's first airplane adventure

At the tender age of 8 weeks, Anna had first airplane adventure with Mom and Dad. She acted as though she were a seasoned traveler - sleeping through most of it, including the safety lecture given by the flight attendants. The other 4 had a grand time at Grandma and Grandpa's house and were thrilled to hear when our flight home got cancelled and they were able to spend an extra night with their very fun grandparents. They fished, they boated, they went to the beach, they ate lots of stuff that wasn't good for them and they played, played, played! I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa collapsed from exhaustion last night. Anna, Rich and I attended the Growing Families International National Conference in Naperville, IL this past week-end where we connected with like-minded families and were encouraged and refreshed as parents. Thank you Brandon and Tiffany for opening your home to us for the week-end. We barely got to see you, but the short visits were sweet and fun and full of laughs. We enjoyed ice cream with Don, Clarke and Hank (see picture that Hank took for us as we gobbled up ice cream topped with cookie dough - yum! - in downtown Naperville). I was so thankful for the week-end of encouragment and equipping as I went into a day of potty training Rebekah. Would love to write more on that, but... Anna beckons.



1 comment:

Sherry Osborne said...

Cool guys! I love your blog!! I enjoyed reading and learning even more about this neat family.
How do you find the time to do everything?
Love ya'll
Sherry