Friday, July 27, 2007

Why Grandma and Grandpa's house is so much fun - by Ellen



Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house is SO much fun - mostly because they spoil us! One evening around 7:00pm we were on the dock fishing when Logan's hook got stuck on the bottom of the creek. To get it out, we got in Grandpa's aluminum boat and rowed over to where it was stuck and got it out. Then Grandpa let us row all around the creek with him in the boat with us. Later on we tied a line to the dock and Grandpa let us row by ourselves. Grandpa said my mom used to do this when she was little and I thought it was really cool to row. I had to row against the tide so it was really hard, but Caleb got to row with the tide which was much easier.

Grandma let me put some of her make-up on and dress up in the dress she wore when my mom and dad got married. Caleb dressed up in scarves and gloves and hats, but no make-up. I thought it was cool to wear make-up because I always wanted to. Then Grandma took pictures of us and we danced together.

Mom and Dad's flight got cancelled and they called to tell us that they wouldn't be home when they thought they would. I kind of was sad that I couldn't see them, but I was also glad that I could stay at Grandma and Grandpa's house longer. I'm so thankful they live so close to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen!
Grandpa and I LOVE your addition to your family blog! You really make us feel special and loved! We love you all and have so much fun when you come over!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa