At the rate I'm posting you could be reading about this trip into 2011 so I'm going to try to speed it up a bit (post less pictures or post more often??? - that is the question...)
Ever heard of "ladderball"? A.k.a. "Hillbilly Horseshoes"? It's become a favorite before dinner activity on our Wilbur trips. Logan loves to set up tournament brackets - double elimination. For awhile Mom was the reigning champion. Then we started over and not sure where that one ended, but I'm pretty sure I was dethroned.
Next stop was The Wild Center in Tupper Lake, NY. Lots of fun there learning about the plants and animals native to that area.
I'm pretty sure these animals are non-native. Cute though, aren't they?
They had an outdoor playground that was fantastic - full of sticks, branches, tree stumps and logs for the creative mind to go wild. And wild they went. Until a rain shower chased us back into Wilbur.
Adirondack Scenic Railroad... Run!!!!

Crazy kids! My birthday, I got to choose the adventure for the day and a train ride through the mountains was this mama's choice. We finished my celebration day off with a wonderful dinner at a restaurant on a peaceful mountain lake. We very rarely eat out on our Wilbur adventures so this was an absolutely wonderful treat. And delicious too!
1 comment:
Looks like you're having lots of fun! And how do you play that game??? I've never even seen it before... we have so much to learn!! But it does look fun!
Megan F.
Post a Comment