Monday, March 7, 2011

Jesus is Alive!

The congregation was very quiet and very still as Pastor Greg ended his message and invited everyone to make commitments to the Lord. "Jesus died on the cross so that..."

"JESUS DIED?????"

It was meant to be a whisper, but the shock of a 3 year old threw any discernment relating to appropriate voice volume right out the door. As her mother sitting right next to her I was sure that someone had handed her a microphone for all to hear. I saw stifled smiles and chuckles all around us. Her eyes were as big as saucers as she continued to look into my eyes. Her Jesus... dead? The baby born to Mary... dead? I could almost hear her thoughts asking Mommy, why didn't you tell me this important bit of news?

"Yes, He died on the cross, but remember? God made him alive again," I whispered back to her.

"Ooooooh, yes." Whew! Her world was back in order.

To everyone at the 10:30 service, I apologize for the interruption. As we enter into the Easter season, we'll be focusing on Jesus' sacrifice and Resurrection. We'll make sure her theology is correct.

Mary with her baby Jesus just this morning.

2 comments:

The Foote Family said...

That's so funny and cute!!
Megan F.

mom said...

So precious!! I love her spontaneity ! She looks so angelic in the photo!
Love you Anna!
Grandma